About Phoenix Data Systems
Founded in 1981 and based in the Detroit area, Phoenix Data Systems is a trusted provider of CMMS software. AIMS (Asset Information Management System), our signature software, is used by tens of thousands of HTM professionals around the world. Phoenix was formed in the early days of specialized software based on the urgent need for Hospitals to have a computerized maintenance work order system.
In 1984, after three years of design and development, the first AIMS system was delivered to eight Michigan hospitals. Today, AIMS is used in 3,000 hospitals in 20 countries and supports more than eight million pieces of equipment. Phoenix has now developed its fifth platform, AIMS 3, and we continue to enhance this software to bring AIMS users well into this decade and beyond.
Phoenix is dedicated to offering the finest software, service, and support available in the industry. Our software has evolved by listening to and collaborating with our customers. Our 37 previous annual AIMS User Group Conferences are just one of the primary ways we achieve this exchange of ideas, as we continue to uphold our commitment to the continued development of AIMS 3.
For over 35 years, our mission has been to provide innovative, user-friendly, fully-supported CMMS software to the healthcare industry. We strive to give our users the features and functions they want in order to meet their growing needs. We are committed to creating software that works for our users.
Phoenix has been an active member in the following trade associations for many years:
- 37 Years – ASHE (American Society of Hospital Engineers)
- 36 Years – AAMI (Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation)
- 33 Years – AAMI’s HTM Annual Leadership Exchange (HALE) (formerly Clinical Engineering Productivity and Cost Effectiveness Committee)
- 21 Years – ACCE (American College of Clinical Engineers)
PHOENIX STATE MEMBERSHIPS
Phoenix has continually been involved with state trade associations:
- AZMIA – (Arizona Medical Instrumentation Association)
- CMIA – (California Medical Instrumentation Association)
- CEAI – (Clinical Engineering Association of Illinois)
- FBS – (Florida Biomedical Society)
- GBIS – (Georgia Biomedical Instrumentation Society)
- HTMA-OH – (Healthcare Technology Management Association of Ohio)
- IBS – (Indiana Biomedical Society)
- MiSHE – (Michigan Society for Healthcare Engineering)
- NEHES – (New England Healthcare Engineers Society)
- NESCE – (New England Society of Clinical Engineering)
- NCBA – (North Carolina Biomedical Association)
- SMSHE – (Southeastern Michigan Society for Healthcare Engineering)