Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Southfield, MI
Position Type: Full-time, Salaried
Developers must be able to think and act independently, invoke problem solving skills, and support team members to effectively accomplish project objectives.
- Develop software including coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages; new development, maintenance, program updates and 3rd party interfaces.
- Participate in specification development by analyzing requirements, reviewing program specifications and the design of the applications.
- Analyze the feasibility of changes/modifications/enhancements to increase operating efficiency and/or adapt to new requirements and other changes.
- Document software code and ensure that technical documentation meets requirements.
- Maintain required documentation and change log on new and modified programs and follow the change management process and other development standards.
- Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues related to code quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks.
- Become highly knowledgeable of the AIMS.NET applications, internal architecture, database structures, and process flows.
- Consult with the Product Manager and other internal customers during Functional Requirements/Specifications and Technical Requirements/Specifications development to optimize required design content.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- BA or BS in computer science with focus on data structures, databases, software engineering, web development and client/server.
- Minimum 2 years experience or demonstrated ability [academic/commercial projects].
- Experience with web applications including development for mobile devices.
- Experience with relational database analysis, design, and programming.
- We will consider local candidates only (no relocation). Candidates must be US citizens or permanent green card residents. NO SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, Angular, Python, and Git.
- Experience with SQL Server, Visual Studios, Windows Servers, MS Web Server (IIS) and mobile devices, and Atlassian products (Confluence, Jira, etc.)
- Experience or familiarity with the Scrum development methodology.
- User interface graphic design skills and experience with graphics and prototyping software.
- Understanding of CMMS software use is a plus.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401 K Plan
Phoenix Data Systems, Inc. is an established leader in Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) for hospitals, with over 35 years of experience in the industry.
Our employees enjoy a work environment that encourages skill improvement and personal growth, a collaborative office culture, and opportunities for advancement.