Jr. Data Analyst
Job Title: Jr. Data Analyst
Location: Southfield, MI
Position Type: Full-time, Salaried
If you are interested in a unique opportunity to be mentored by a master Data Analyst and SQL Developer look no further! Phoenix Data Systems has an opening for a disciplined individual with exacting standards, a logical/critical thinker with strong attention to detail. This is a position in our Superior Analytic group mining and analyzing big data to uncover business intelligence that will help our customers realize increased efficiencies that will drive millions of dollars in cost savings each year. This is an entry level position with great potential for growth and advancement.
The entire industry is excited by these offerings and are lining up to subscribe to our new services. You can be a part of this if you also possess excellent communications skills and have the ability to effectively collaborate with team members.
- Data analysis, cleaning and normalization are the primary responsibilities of this position.
- Data analysis for consistency, conformity and generation of new standards.
- Presentation of the business intelligence data in easy to understand formats of reports and dashboards.
- This is a highly regimented position repetitious in nature requiring great concentration and attention to detail.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- College course work in Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite with strong knowledge of Excel.
- Capable of working in the minutia/details of the data day after day and to recognize patterns in the data.
- Good with numbers. Understanding of algebraic equations and using them in Excel.
- Logical and disciplined approach to your work.
- Solid communication skills verbal and written.
- Office skills such as typing, spelling, etc.
- A quick and interested learner with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Additional Value Added Qualifications
- Exposure to SQL and understanding of relational database management systems – particularly MS SQL Server.
- Able to write SQL Statements and a strong willingness and interest in learning SQL as well as other new skills.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
Phoenix Data Systems, Inc. is an established leader in Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) for hospitals, with over 30 years of experience in the industry.
Our employees enjoy a work environment that encourages skill improvement and personal growth, a collaborative office culture, and opportunities for advancement.